May 03, 2013

Best Things


I am sort of obsessed with this brand of yogurt. Hence! Post of a couple favourite things so it doesn't seem like I'm just a yogurt-lovin' fool...


Favourite Album: Blue by Joni Mitchell

This is my jam from start to finish. I don't know, every time I listen to it - FEELINGS! And if I feel like poop it makes me feel better. When I found it on vinyl I was over the moon. And then I took it home. And it was a misprint (it skipped a couple songs and repeated others and had a song from a different album). I was very disappointed! I traded it for some folk stuff and a Stray Cats album, but now I kinda wish I still had it. 

On another note, my BF told me a story about when he was younger (10ish?) and his friend's mom was a huge Joni Mitchell fan so she drove them and another friend out to try and find her house. They ended up at some random field/hill/naturey place and ate sandwiches and then they drove home.


Favourite Movie: Big Fish

A pattern emerges! I like emotional things! Yes, this movie is one of few that makes me cry - but a satisfying one, not like a cheap Les Miserables (the most recent one) cry. Don't get me started on how poopy that movie was - the only redeeming feature was that the French revolutionary guys were hot.

I love the storytelling, aesthetic, acting, everything, in this movie. Watch this and then watch Dark Shadows (or don't watch it, or anything Tim Burton's done recently) and lament how far that delightful man has fallen!


Favourite Food: Lemon Meringue Pie

BEST FOOD EVAR

That is all.


And one more thing....Fallen London!

Not my favourite game (Pictionary? Catan? Clue? Once Upon a Time?), but I am quite taken with it nonetheless: http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com

It's kind of addicting. You click cards and level up abilities (and you have to wait for them to refresh to boot!) but the story/writing and the look is just too good, and I have to check back a couple times a day. Fun in a slightly twisted, silly, demonic, rat infestation kinda way, with a nice dose of underground Victoriana. And there are mysteries to be solved!!!