May 09, 2013

Gatsby

In honour of tomorrow's opening, me and the gals are having a Gatsby party. That means dressing up and going to the movie. Rather obvious, but c'mon! 1920s! Baz Luhrmann! Gotta get excited about something!

Shoulda used a filter! Too much light!
In this one you can see the colour of the dress better...
So! Here is my outfit for the night. Dress made by me for a 1920s museum event - basically two rectangles and a neck facing (the event was later that night, and of course I waited til the last minute, so I skipped my plan for a handkerchief hem and those pesky arm hole facings). The purse is from work (surprise!) and was an awesome find - nicely heavy and beaded on both sides with silk braid and tassels - for $7 and it even matched my fabric!

We all remember Leo and Baz's last outing - Romeo + Juliet - hopefully this one's a bit better :) If not, well, SPARKLES AND GLITTER AND SWOOPY CAMERA MOVES! And I get an excuse to dress up (I need more of those!)