April 23, 2013

MILESTONE!

Today. I bought. My first book. From a bookstore. That wasn't for class* EEEEEEEEEE!!!! (That's excitement, by the way.)


A gorgeous (and quite enormous, 11 by 7.5 inches!) Wind in the Willows!!!!

This is a bit from Brian Sibley's introduction, quoting the pretty cool himself A.A. Milne:

One does not argue about The Wind in the Willows. The young man gives it to the girl with whom he is in love, and if she does not like it, asks her to return his letters. The older man tries it on his nephew, and alters his will accordingly. The book is a test of character . . . When you sit down to it, don't be so ridiculous as to suppose that you are sitting in judgement on my taste, or on the art of Kenneth Grahame. You are merely sitting in judgement on yourself. You may be worthy: I don't know. But it is you who are on trial . . . (28)

We went out for celebratory treats, and I got the pie (peach!) and coffee special, BF got the peanut butter sundae. Delish, as usual. They have tons of old fashioned candy, too, but we still have our goody bags from that party...

Glenburn Soda Fountain and Confectionary! Photo linked to their blog!
After that, walked past the bookshop next door and lo and behold! RICKY MARTIN'S FACE! Of course, I had to investigate! And once we got inside there was a fat cat named Gouda sleeping on the counter (wanting his dinner, apparently) and THE WIND IN THE WILLOWS RIGHT THERE I HAD TO HAVE IT! (The reason I don't have it from childhood is because I never had any books as a kid. No space!) Apparently someone wanted to buy it online the other day, but they wanted pictures and the guy couldn't find the book. It was meant for meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! 

Then we went home, and there was Rockband 3, sitting on the table, like some mythical beast come down to drink at the fountain of...IKEA kitchens. Seriously, Rockband 3 is impossible to find. If you've tried, you're probably still trying. And at this point are willing to shell out $150 for this copy you heard someone's friend's brother has...

Whatta day!

I will now go read about Mole, Rat, Toad, Badger, Otter, and those danged weasels!


Not gonna lie, I always thought those weasels were pretty sexy. And good dancers to boot!

*I don't buy books because I don't have very much money. Or very much space in my super messy room. Hence the continual library visits. Free, and they store everything for me!!