April 21, 2013

More Reading

Finally getting through the pile of comics on my floor. 


Read this one in between Avengers episodes. Not really impressed. With the comics, not the Avengers! Lots of the regulars (oddly disconnected though, as in one page by an author, three pages by someone else, and then back to the first author for another two pages), plus some kiddie stuff. Watch Mr. Steed and Mrs. Peel kick "Venusian" butt instead! 


Man, I'm just so disappointed lately! Usually I freakin' love Goon and Franky (or anything else Eric Powell touches), but though there were some excellent lines and lots of burlesque babes (and of course top-notch artwork), I just wasn't diggin' it as much as I felt I should. I guess it was the standalone episodic format - everything felt too short! I want more Goon time! 


Much as I love you Eric Powell, Joann Sfar's gotta be my favourite dude in all of comics :)


Champagne for everyone! Okay, just the cool people.

That's all for now!