April 16, 2013

Pigs Have Wings and Record Collections

When pigs have wings!

I made this from a lovely lil kit I got at a Christmas party, way back...during Christmas. I broke various bits of it during construction (the reason I do a lot of knitting/fabric crafts is because I can't break them, but I do tend to sew things upside down - shhh!) Luckily this piggie came with lots of glue.

Yes, he is sitting on my record collection (not too exciting, though I do have Stringband's Thanks to the Following* and John Hartford's Aereo-Plain** both found in the bins at work for $1 each!) My niece's last pick was Frank Sinatra, so he's in the front there (whenever she comes over she likes to go through my records and pick one to dance to, and she usually has pretty good taste for a four-year-old!)

*70's Canadian folk
**70's bluegrass

(Look 'em up! Good stuff sez I!)